You are more receptive to angelic messages while you’re sleeping than when you’re awake, for several different reasons. Sleep relaxes you, so you’re less likely to have mental blocks such as stress or fear prevent you from tuning into what your angel has to tell you. Also, your subconscious mind is more receptive to messages from your guardian angel than your conscious mind is, since your subconscious mind is open to all the information it receives, while your conscious mind may discard information without truly considering it simply because it’s new and unfamiliar to you.
While you’re dreaming, your guardian angel may step into your dreams to make personal appearances (often as a teacher or wise friend), or your angel may simply send you thoughts to communicate with you during dreams. Some people believe that their guardian angels may even escort their souls out of their bodies while they’re dreaming, leading them on journeys throughout the spiritual realm and then helping them return to their bodies before awakening.
Your dreams will come alive with vivid details whenever your guardian angel uses them to communicate with you. Images will appear clear and colorful, and the words people speak will resonate in your soul. After you wake up, you’ll likely remember key details about your guardian angel-inspired dreams that you wouldn’t normally remember about your other dreams.
You’ll feel intense emotions in the dreams through which your guardian angel is contacting you. Usually those emotions will be ones that people consider positive (such as joy and peace), but if your guardian angel is warning you about something in order to protect you, you may feel alarmed (yet never distressed) to emphasize the importance of acting on your angel’s guidance.
Dreams are full of symbols, to allow your subconscious mind to work through the process of analyzing all the information that your conscious mind neglects to deal with while you’re awake. Often, guardian angels use those symbols to send people messages through dreams.
Whenever you dream about something that seems to represent something else, consider where you’ve seen the symbol in your waking life, and also what role in plays in your life. You can ask your guardian angel to show you what it means to ensure that you’re interpreting and understanding it correctly. If you notice patterns occurring in your dreams in which the same symbol shows up multiple times, it’s important to pray about those patterns after waking up to figure out what they mean.
Different Types of Messages
Your guardian angel may communicate a variety of different types of messages to you through your dreams. Here are some of the messages that guardian angels most frequently convey through dreams:
- Fresh insight into yourself and your life: Your guardian angel may send you dream messages that are designed to help you better understand your own attitudes and behaviors and how they’re affecting your life, so you can see what’s healthy and what needs to change. Or, your angel may send messages that highlight your interests and talents, to help you figure out how best to pursue what God wants you to pursue.
- Healing: In healing dream messages, your guardian angel reminds you of the hope that God offers you to heal from whatever past pain and wounds you’ve suffered. Your angel may direct your attention to situations in your past in which you suffered and then give you a vision of how your life can become better in the future if you place your trust in God and follow where he leads you.
- Creative Ideas: Your dreams may contain creative ideas in messages from your guardian angel that are designed to inspire you, motivate you to pursue new adventures and projects, and help you solve problems. It’s important to record these ideas after waking up so you can you can remember them, and then to put those ideas into action in your life.
- Warning: If you’re facing a dangerous situation but are unaware of it, your guardian angel may send you a warning message about it through your dreams and show you what steps you can take for your protection.
- Prophecy about the future: Your guardian angel may occasionally give you prophetic messages about the future through your dreams, but only if doing so can truly help you (such as when there is something beneficial you can do to prepare for a future event).
- Encouragement: When your guardian angel communicates encouraging messages to you in dreams, those messages will either build your confidence in who you are or help you discover and fulfill the potential for what you can do. Your angel may help you see yourself from God’s perspective so you can recognize how wonderful you really are. Or, your angel may urge you to take the risks necessary to pursue something that God wants you to do, assuring you that you’ll have divine help available to you every step of the way.
After you wake up from dreams in which your guardian angel has communicated with you, you will feel renewed and energized. You’ll also feel a powerful sense of God’s love for you.